Sunday, January 23, 2011

Mean Girls 2

Alrighty... so we all know that I and a million other teenage girls LOVE Mean Girls!!! We quote it on a daily basis, and often times change our middle names on Facebook to a Mean Girls reference... oops, maybe that's just me and Ashley! haha So, when I heard the news that there was going to be a Mean Girls 2, I got quite excited, and we even kinda met one of the writers for the script in Wisconsin, thank you Future Problem Solving Internationals! haha (a little shout out to Demi, Dane and Ryan!)  Well anyway, I'd seen the advertisements in TeenVogue, saw the commercials on TV, and now the time has come.  Mean Girls 2 aired on the Tele today-- and I've decided to give my thoughts. haha 
So, let me say, it wasn't a bad movie: it was funny, cute, had the nice little love interests, and lots of pink and drama.  With that said, I liked the movie, but... it wasn't quite up to par with the original.  But now, it's always hard to make a sequel.  This movie was like Mean Girls meets Disney Channel-- not a bad combo, but don't call it Mean Girls 2.  :( It's not as quotable, and the characters didn't seemed as developed.  Although I don't know if Gretchen Weiners, Regina George or Cady and Karen are really "developed". hhaha I do have to say, the dog in the new movie's name is Coco Chanel, so obviously I loved the little shout out to my name. haha :)  Overall, cute movie-- just no Mean Girls.

On another note, Andrew and I went to see No Strings Attached, and it was a good movie.  Pretty funny, and some pretty decent quotable moments.  I'd recommend seeing the movie, it's a cute little romantic comedy. :)  

Also, we had a lovely time at game night with TayTay, Sarah, Jamealleh, Matt, Franz, etc.  We played Pretty Pretty Princess, a couple rounds of homemade charades, and a mean round of Mad Gab.  Team Franz won every time, sorry Team Suck :(  We'll do better next time! With that being such a success, it motivated me to have a gathering... RECA Roller Rink! yesss.  '80's themed roller skating, with another gathering afterward. I'm pretty pumped.  Because I didn't get to go to out dancing with the gang for Matty's birthday, we'll celebrate all together again.  More on all that in the future.  As well as Jon's birthday celebrations this weekend and another Caitlin & Dean shindig.  So these next couple weekends will be a good time :)  

Oh, also-- I went to the Union Terminal museum for the first time... it was sooo awesome!  There's this giant display/interactive steamboat replica, so cool.  Thank you Honors' class for allowing me a reason to go on a field trip in college-- be jealous! haha.   

I'm watching a rerun of Skins... US version, don't let me down, please.  Thanks.  I'm expecting awesome music, and lots of drama!  That's not too much to ask.

So on that note, I shall bid thee farewell.  

Here's a cool song to leave you with:
Very Skins-esque. 

Peace and rocket. :) (a reference to My Life As Liz)

No comments:

Post a Comment