Sunday, July 17, 2011

Bro's Burfday/Summer Sunday...

Well, it's been a while... seems to be the story of my life lately! ahha Well, some things have been happening recently; let's try and catch up?

Well, last Wednesday was my brother, Chad's birthday.  Although we bicker and pick on one another, we're pretty close.  He's 26 now, but we have a lot of mutual friends.  He's pretty cool, and we have similar morals... as far as drinking and smoking and such.  He's 26, and never drank. I completely respect him for that amongst other traits... but don't tell him I said that!  Here's a photo of the devil, himself: 
He loves cars and the simple things in life.  He's pretty awesome, and looks out for his friends and family.  Happy late Burfday bro! 
Excuse his rude shirt. hahah He's a dork. 
What else is new?  I have completed my first week as a tutor!  I am working with Elementary kids, and it's great!  They're Cardinals, just like I was :)  We get to sketch pictures, read poetry, work on long division and I even read a book to them.  Maybe teaching should be my profession?  It's always been in the back of my mind as an option... I've had a lot of experience in leadership roles, as well as years of tutoring under my belt.  Kids seem to like me, and I don't mind them either. hahha Maybe I'll think about education as a career.  We'll see how this whole PR thing works for me.  
Speaking of which, I got to do some real assisting on Friday.  I helped with a cool photoshoot/interview with LA's Dj Mia.  She was so chill and down to earth.  I was able to help come up with some interview questions, as well as get to chat with her a bit about music and such.  The photoshoot was awesome, I'd never been on set for one, and it was so cool to see all the behind the scenes stuff.  Look forward to her interview and story in a new magazine launching in the fall.  More details later...
Hmm today has been a lazy day, but I got some stuff done and caught up on some journaling.  I hadn't wrote in my journal since like May!  Hahah Classy. But it's so funny reading through old entries.  Things about petty drama from Senior year, and things I worried about before college.  It's cute to see my first impressions of people whom I am the best of friends with now.  That's the fun of having a place to write your thoughts; like this blog, or a diary/journal.  You can look back on things that you've gone through and see how much you've grown, or how things have changed... 
So, it's Summer Sunday... So, my friend, Ashley, and I have decided to get the gang back together and hit up the Drive In in Amelia!  It should be a fun time.  Summer night, stars bright, Harry Potter, and some great friends!  I'm looking forward to it.  But now it's that awkward moment where I invited all my coupled friends, and now I'm gonna be solo.  To take a gay boy, or not... that tis the question! hhah I asked a friend, but he's busy... bummer. No worries, it'll be a good time regardless. :)  Optimism is key.  
I'm looking forward to catching up with old friends, grabbing coffee, hanging out at the park, taking pictures, seeing movies, going to concerts, etc.  The summer isn't over yet!  We can't let these awesome things pass us by... Picnics, watching planes takeoff, going to lookout points, art museums, random coffee shops with local bands, starry skies, flying kites...  These are the simple things that I love the most.  Now to find someone to do them with.  Any takers? haha 
Welp, it's getting late, and I'm running out of things to say.  Ta Ta for now.

Some tunes for the road... my bro likes the vehicles in the video.  And we both can bond over Weezer's music.  So in honor of his burfday...


Love and glitter...
-Coco



No comments:

Post a Comment