Sunday, August 14, 2011

Dancing, DBN, and doll faces...

So, it's been one of those weeks... CRAZY!  I've been busy with catching up with old friends, and making new ones as well!  So, shall we catch up?  This past week has consisted of:  
Ryan, Coco, and Andrew
Monday, what happened?  Hmmm oh yes!  I spent the evening with two of my fave fellas:  Ryan and Andrew.  We went to a cute little lake near by, and went peddle boating.  Very interesting!  Our boat kept getting water in it, and I ended up getting lake water all over my shorts.  Sad day.  Oh well.  it was a good time.  We chatted, and took some photos... would you expect anything else?  After getting rained out, we ended up going to Sharky's.  Ice cream for days! Yum.  You should like them on Facebook: Sharky's Eats&Treats!  They have great food, and delicious ice cream :)  We ended the night with some redbox rentals, and catching up.  Ryan just got back from India, and Andrew is headed back to LexVegas!  I'll miss them when we all start back to school.


Tuesday was pretty chill, not too much happened... Matty came over and we chatted and what not.
Jacob, me, and Ryan
Taylor, Matt, and I 


Wednesday, also known as DBN (dollar burger night).  The old gang from CCHS got together with some of the usuals of DBN.  We all chatted and basically took over the place. You know how we do!  It was great seeing old friends whom I hadn't seen practically since high school, and being able to introduce them to new pals!  We all got a little dolled up and hit up Newport on The Levee for some laughs and food.  I saw Horrible Bosses for the second time... it's STILL funny! haha I need to watch Bridesmaides a few more times... probably one of the funniest movies I've yet to see! :)  Anywho... we saw the movie, then headed to Bar Louie for our Wednesday night ritual.  After eating with the gang, Matt and I went to the OTR to get our dance on, and socialize with the Cincinati folk :)  Thank goodness for great people and great food!


Thursday, what happened Thursday?  Oh yes, I went shopping and out to lunch with Momma Autumn.  Thursday evening, I headed over to see Taylor, Jennifer, and Sarah's new place.  Super cute!  Sarah and Jamealleh were in town for a hot second, and it twas a must to see them before they journeyed back to the Ville.  We lounged around, and played with Tyson, the ferrit.  haahha AMUSING, to say the least.


Friday, you ask?  Oh Friday was just your typical night out on the town-- chilling at Matty's, then heading to a party at a friend's place in Covington, then made our way to the OTR.  We walked around, then went to Roxy's-- our usual dance spot!  We ran into some friends from high school, and danced the night away with some drag queens.  Classy?  I think so.  Anywho, it twas a great evening!
Caitlin working the runway
Saturday, oh yes... Saturday!  Well, we started the day by going out to lunch with my aunt, cousin, and momma.  It was a nice change of pase, and it was great to chat with the fam.  My aunt is hilarious!  Anywho, we all chatted and ate some food... we were there for like 2 hours!  Longer than anyone else there!  Ooops.  It happens :)  Then momma Autumn and I browsed the mall, and people watched.  I got some great music, and movies from f.y.e. which I always love!  A Brat Pack combo DVD pack for $9.99... I think so!!  Then we headed back home.  My neighbor just returned from her luxerious life in Florida, where she bought me some unique goodies.  A cute little Scrabble piece necklace, and a pop tab bracelet! How cute and original :)  Then I was off to the Chicken Lays A Fashion Show at Memorial Hall.  Some DJ's and cool lazers filled the place, and awesome vintage trinquet all around the hall.  A new friend of mine, Jessy, provided me with a VIP seat, next to my friends Betsy and Becki!  Zach of The Fagazine was sick, and couldn't join us, but it was still an awesome time!  We watched in awe, as models strut the runway with the vintage and unique items of Chicken Lays An Egg-- A divine little store in Northside.  Check out their website:  I can't wait to go shopping for back to school now!  Men, women and children modeled dresses, swimwear, and even some officewear.  It was quite the show!   It was so great to see the mix of people at the show... all there for the same reasons:  fashion, music, people, etc.  The great vintage, almost mod-esque quality was real awesome!!  One of my friends, Caitlin was in the show... she's fabulous! Duh. So, basically, I loved being at the show, and a part of the VIP section.  I hope Zach gets well soon, so we can hit the town asap!  :)  He's the best!  Basically, my week was great, and hectic!  I hope Zach gets better soon, so we can have a night out on the town soon!  


Some more shots from the show...


one of my fave looks!


















this girl was the cutest!









So, in all... my week was pretty awesome!!! :)

Keep it classy Cincy!
I'm off to watch The Glee Project, and then Queen City later!  (I may be making an appearance tonight)


Love and glitter...
-Coco


Betsy, Charity and I: Photo credit: Betsy Wecker

Check out Betsy's blog: Folk and Feather.  She's great! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment