Monday, August 8, 2011

Live it, Love it, Caress it...

So, in light of some news I've recently received about a dear friend of mine-- I've decided to take this moment to get real.  Raw.  Not so witty.  

Just a few moments ago, I received a call from a fella who means the world to me.  He rarely calls me to have a legitimate conversation, so my instinct was to be worried.  The phone call consisted of him telling me how he needed to tell me something, he needed to talk to me... what about?  Well he preceded to tell me about a condition he's had for quite sometime, and how things may be getting worse.  (I don't want to go into too much detail, I don't want to invade his privacy).  Well, it seems they've found cancerous cells in his body, and he must go through a series of procedures, and a long recovery process.  This means he wont be joining me in our random escapades in the spring semester at NKU, but none of that matters.  For, it doesn't matter if we graduate in our four year plan, it doesn't matter if we get all A's, it doesn't matter if we date the hottest guy on campus, or even if we picked the right major.  Those things all seem so simple in the scheme of things.  Life is a journey, not a destination.  We must enjoy our time, enjoy our lives, and the people we spend it with.  After the passing of my grandma last November, I'd gotten a glimpse of this hope-- this new found spirit.  But even more so now... someone my own age, someone who I am so close to... he has cancerous cells?  Not possible.  But it is.  For him, I want to make sure that the fall semester is awesome, that we do everything we want to, and more!  Try new things, make new friends, go to cool places, just enjoy life.  No regrets.  Do we need to get reckless?  I don't think so... but who knows?  Let's live our lives day to day, and be happy.  We never know when things can get worse.  Like I always say:  Live it, love it, caress it!  

So, now that I've gotten that off my chest... I need to make sure to check back in more often, to see how life is going.  We can't just sit around and wait for life to happen... we make it happen!  

Okay, so some music...














Sorry the songs are a little mellow... it fits the mood.

Love and glitter...
-Coco

No comments:

Post a Comment